Thursday, December 4, 2014

Randomness

I woke up today morning in a muddled state.

Last night, I dreamt about climbing a maze of stairs and finally walking my way out of a large room.  

These strange dreams annoy me.
I looked at the clock; it was still 6:55 AM. I had set the alarm for 7:40 AM.

I could not recall what time did I sleep yesterday.

I felt irritated for waking up early & went off to sleep again.

This time the alarm rang again at 8:00 AM and rather than putting it on snooze, I quickly got off the bed.

Zulfi was getting ready for work. He generally gets up early and leaves for work almost an hour before me. I waited for him to come and say goodbye.

I could hear the chit-chat of my in-laws in the living room.

The maid had still not arrived, I called her but her phone was switched-off.

I called her sister and told her that if she does not come today, I will fire her.

I hanged the phone & thought to myself that I have been telling her this for the last so many months.

If I were to rate my ‘state of mind’ on a scale of 1 to 10, I would be a pathetic 4 today. I was atleast a 7 or 8 yesterday.

What really changed today? I do not know.

Every so often I am happy or not-so-happy without any rhyme or reason.

I left for work at 9:00 AM.

I strolled for almost a kilometre before catching a rick and travelling to office which is a stone’s throw from home.
As I was travelling to office, I looked at the sky. It looked so pretty with its amazing hues. God is an amazing painter!
I reached office and was welcomed by so many smiling faces.
Office is generally bustling with energy and no matter how you feel inside, you feel great at office.
I sat on the chair and looked at my workstation. This is my canvas, I thought to myself and I am going to create a masterpiece.

My ‘state of mind’ was a 7 again!


No comments:

Post a Comment